Monday, 29 October 2012

The Camera Plan

Before I start filming my video, I had a trial using the camera taking some test videos so I knew which buttons to press. This was very helpful, as now when I do begin filming, I can make the most of the time I have.

During the trial, I wanted to figure out how to shoot in Black and White, which after reading the camera manual and trying out different options, I managed to work this out. You have to press the Menu button above the screen on the camera, then select picture style and Monochrome. This will then allow you to shoot in black and white.

As the plan for my video is to look vintage, I've decided that I may test out shooting my videos with a high ISO, so i purposely create the grainy effect. Most people try to avoid this, as they want the best exposure as possible, but this look may be suitable for my video. However, if this effect doesn't look good, then I will simply just film in black and white.

One of the shots I will use is a slight low angle shot to film on the stair sequence. This makes my performer seem higher and more raised up.

I would like to use a fish eye lense, so that my camera lens is rounded, making the focus at the centre bigger. I think this effect will look good when my performer is singing towards the camera.



After reading about different shutter speeds, I will try to use a shutter speed of 1/2 to 1/30 seconds as this adds motion blur to the background, which is what I would like when I film my performer infront of the train. I will only want the train to be a motion blur, while my performer is still in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment