Monday, 15 October 2012

My Second Idea

As Rihanna's song 'Do Ya Thing' contained swearing, I've decided to change song and therefore my idea to a more suitable song. I still would like to do a Rihanna Song as I enjoy listening to her music so have decided on a more subtle and chilled song called ' We All Want Love'.  Again, this currently doesn't have a music video for it, so I won't be influenced by a current video.

The main message of this song is saying that everyone deserves to love someone and be loved by someone back. Rather than producing a performance based video which is the idea I had previously, I will know like to produce a more narrative based video in the form of a montage of clips showing a couple in love. I may still use some performance, as I would like some lyrics to be sung to the camera, but rather than it looking like the singer is giving a performance, I would want it to look like they are casually saying the lyrics.

I am still going to use some of my previous ideas of shooting in black and white and the old camera effect. Also I'm still keen on having some lyrics written down and filmed, like in the homemade Cheryl Cole video. Overall I would want my music video to look like an old film of a montage of clips showing people in love and their story.

Location
I will use many locations, mostly ones outside. I don't think I should shoot the video in one location as I want to create a video that show is all about a couple's memories, so  I will need to use a variety of places they have been. Some of these places will be local such as walking down the street, however some will be up London.

Ideas that I currently have is of them rolling around on grassy fields, as this is them having fun and doing cheesy things that couples do. I will be able to achieve this using Northala Hills situated in Northolt, which is a 10 minute car journey from my current location.

Actors
I would like to use one boy and one girl in my video to make a couple. I was deciding to use many different couples, about five, acting out their love story, however this may be more difficult as I will have to find suitable times to arrange to film all these people. Also, boys are more reluctant to be involved, so it will be much easier to find one boy rather than five.

For the performance part of the video, I will have my actress singing lyrics as Rihanna is female, so it makes sense for her to sing lines.

Styling
I don't want an expensive or unique clothing to be used in my video, just casual clothing that will be provided by my actor and actress. This makes the video more natural. It won't cost anything easier, as no new clothes will be needed.

As it's getting near Christmas, I will like some shots of my actor and actress wrapped up in Christmas clothing, such as coats, scarfs and gloves, as this will make them more cosy and they can be huddled up together. Christmas is also a romantic time of the year, and is known for spending time with loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. Thoughtful planning. You can now move on to the resource audit in order to consider what resources you have available to achieve the video you have in mind. Think about realistic access to - location, actors, costume, styling, make up, lighting, camera kit, transport. Are there any practical issues arising at this stage of planning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any sketches, photos or other images of how you visualise the styling, actors or location? Ms Keenan

    ReplyDelete