Tuesday, 2 October 2012

My First Idea

I have decided to create a video for my second initial idea - Rihanna's Do Ya Thing. I have decided to choose this song, as after hearing the video, and looking at inspiration from retro videos and pictures which is the effect I would like to use, I think it will go well with this song.

Concept
My first idea for the concept of the video is to have one main actress skipping and parading around the streets of a run down area. Part of the song she will be miming the lyrics, while the other we see her simply having fun and playing up to the camera. I will shoot the video in black and white so it has an old feel to it and will try and use an old film-like effect where the camera jumps around and flickers.

Parts of the video will also feature signs/symbols or lyrics written down from the song, like the ones in the Cheryl Cole lyric video. This will feasible as these are a quick and easy  to create, and they are a good way of filling up time while still looking professional if I can't film enough material.

Location
I would like a really run down area so the video has the vintage feel. The type of scenes that I am thinking about is old back streets with lots of graffiti or busy streets as they have that old retro street style. Currently I am thinking of places up London, such as Camden Town, as it is known for its daring street style.

I think by creating a video outside, its more achievable as its free of cost and there will be plenty of places up London that have the right look that I would like to create.

Styling
The type of clothing I would like my actress to wear is really retro yet edgy clothing. All my inspiration for clothing has come from Rihanna's retro style photo shoot wear she is wearing dungarees and a bandanna.

Also as the song is about loving someone for who they are, and knowing that they love you for who you are, and just enjoying yourself, I want this message to come through the video. The styling is very important, as the style I have decided to use is quite daring and different, so it gives out the message that 'this is who I am, love me for me'. Also the style is very experimental and fun which is also the message of the song.

As there is only one person that I would like to feature in my video, it will make it a lot easier to film, as there is more chance of one person being free, rather than four girls for my initial idea of creating a girl band video. The styling won't cost a lot either, as this look is easily achievable and can be made by using my clothes and my main actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment