The main message of this song is about a woman who wakes up and is like everyone else, even though she is homeless and sings for money. For this I would like a performance based music video, with my main actress singing along to the verse lyrics to the camera. However, the whole song doesn't have much words - just the repeated 'La Da De La Da Da' so for this I will use a dance sequence, so this will be partly concept based and performance based, as she is still putting on a performance but not actually singing the words.
I am still going to use some of my previous ideas of shooting in black and white and the old camera effect as it's a 90's music with 90's fashion so I still believe the old black and white and vintage feel will work well. Also I'm still keen on having some lyrics shown in the video, like in the homemade Cheryl Cole video, however instead of having these written down, I may try and overlap these with the video so they appear faintly over the top.
Location
The main location I will like to use is the busy streets on central London. I've decided on London, as the song is about someone being homeless and London is a place that is known for people to be living on the streets. I will also like to use some in a train station where my performer is infront of a moving train, so we can see it driving past her, while she is standing still performing. I can use any train station to film this, so this wouldn't be a problem.
On Oxford Street, there is a large NewLook clothes shop with silver steps leading up to the store. This would be good to film a dance sequence on. Other steps I would like to use are those in Piccadilly circus as these are right in the busy centre and as they are in a round, they will be good to use.
Actors
I will have one female performing the song, as the song was originally sung by a female so it makes sense to have one performer. This will be a close friend of mine, as we spend most of our time together so we will have no trouble organising a time to meet up and film together. Also as she is a close friend, we are very comfortable around one another, so I won't feel awkward telling her what to do and styling her, and she won't feel embarrassed to perform in front of me. When we were younger, we have made home-made music videos before, so we work well together.
.
I think you should put up those home made music videos of you two when you were younger!!
ReplyDelete