Friday, 19 April 2013

What have you learnt from audience feedback?

I presented my final music video and ancillary products to the class, and afterwards they responded with their thoughts and ideas.





Overall the feedback was good which I was very pleased about. The part that pleased me most is that they understood the message I was trying to achieve - that you cannot tell my performer is homeless, as this is the narrative of the song.  Another piece of feedback I was pleased with is they thought my digipak and magazine advert worked well together and I have followed the same house style throughout, which is the sepia tones, the same wavy font that's moulded to her body, and the same clothing, so therefore you can tell all three products are linked. I think this is important with digipak and magazine adverts as they create an identity that the audience recognise. My identity I was trying to create is that my performer is a young girl full of attitude, and I think I show this through the sultry poses and her body language such as one leg against the wall, hands on her hips.

It was interesting hearing the feedback as there was some ideas that I hadn't thought about. One of these was associated with my editing. I had originally used fades between shots for a smooth transition, and then eased this out when the song came to an end as the video became more intense as her secret was about to be revealed. However, someone associated these fades with her falling into a darkness. Black is a very depressing colour, and it could symbolise how her life isn't really that happy.

Another idea was adding a twitter and facebook link on my digipak or magazine advert. This is a good idea and it will attract my target audience of young adults more as most young adults are on these social networking websites. Another improvement that was suggested was changing the picture on my magazine advertisement to a image that shows more location. This is a good idea as it then gives more of a message straight away to the audience that this video will feature these types of locations, and then that makes the audience wonder why she is based in a run down area.

Overall, I am happy with the feedback, as my class are my target audience, I know that I my products fulfil their aim and purpose, but also I can make final adjustments to make my products more effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment