Saturday, 6 April 2013

How my Digipack relates to existing Digipacks?

When creating my digipak I decided on a very simple idea with more pictures that text. I liked the idea of a six pane digipak, with the CD fitting into the centre.


I followed the same layout as David Grumel's, and used the same approach as three big pictures, one on the front cover and the other two either side of the CD. I also chose to have the song tracks as the bag page.

It is very common for one big picture to cover the whole front page with just the song title and artists name. This is because when is shops, a digipak is surrounded by many other digipaks, so the front cover needs to be bold so it can stand out against other front covers. It needs very little detail, as the sight of lots of words can instantly put people off.


I chose a close up shot of my performer for my front cover, as the audience will can immediately see this is Crystal Watt's CD without having to pick it up and read the name. This should increase her Star Persona, as the more audiences see her face, the more recognised she becomes and the more fans she gains which equals more video views and digipaks brought.

 
 
 
My back pane which has the track list follows a very similar layout to most back panes. It featurtes the songs on the CD, and I decided to include the small details that I see on the back of all digipaks. This being a barcode, a website, details about the who produced and distributed and owns the copyright for the song,  and production company names and logos. I produced my own production company and logo, and added common phrases such as 'All trademarks and logos are re-protected'.
 
I decided to only include three songs, where as some Digipaks include around 10-15. However, I decided to make a single rather than an album. This was because this is my artists first song release, so wouldn't have other songs yet, this would be her first hit and I wanted all the attention on this one song. When audiences buy a single, the buy it for that one song in particular. Other artists that have done this include Lady Gaga to promote herhit 'Born This Way'. There are no other songs included on this digipak to take the publicity of this one song.
When only three tracks have been listed, it is very common that these three songs are the same but different versions - the original, and then either remixed versions or an instrumental. I decided on including the original, which I placed separate and bigger than my other two songs, so audiences understand that this is the main song on the digipak, and an instrumental and remixed version.

 
A convention that I have included which is very common in most CD albums is including the song lyrics. I decided to include this too, as audiences mostly like to sing along with the song, so it would be useful to have the song lyrics on  the sixth pane.

No comments:

Post a Comment