Monday, 18 March 2013

My Digipack Front Cover

Overall I wanted my digipack to fit in with my magazine and Music Video, so kept with the same colouring, which is Sepia. For my front cover my initial idea was to have my performer during an action shot on the stairs or leaning over a stair rail. However, my initial idea of using stairs in London wasn't as succesful as I had hoped they would be. So instead, I used a shot of my performer in my new locations - old, rundown areas.

Another first idea I had for the front cover was having the repeated chorus lyrics - La Da De La Da Da, however I decided to use these just on my inside pages either side of the middle pane where my CD is placed, which I had orginally planned to do anyway.

The picture I chose for my front cover was one of my performer leaning against a fence. I chose a close up head shot to fit in with Andrew Goodwins idea of a star persona. This is the idea that close up shots are used, so the artist becomes more recognised by the public, therefore more popular. You can also clearly see the carefully styling, such as the dark lipstick, high ponytail and little hoop earrings.

I added a sepia effect to my picture so it ties in with the digipack and music video. I used the same lettering as my advertisement, but changed the colour so it was readable against the background. I aslo used the warp tool, so change the shape so it fitted around my artist's shoulder. I like this bubbly wavy effect, as I think its very hippie and reminds me of a tye dye feel, which was very 90's.

 
Original Image
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment