Monday, 18 March 2013

Digipack Contents

As this is only a single, I only featured three songs. From all the previous singles I have brought, I noticed that they include the original song, and then either a remix, an instrumental version, or a new unheard of song that isn't a hit. I decided to include the first three on my digipack cover.


I chose a shot of my performer sitting on the floor. When I had planned this shot, I knew I wanted it to be for the back of my digipack so knew it had to feature words somewhere on the page. I purposely positioned her to sit to one side leaning against a Garage on the right, so I could place my song titles to the left.

For the song titles, I used the same font as what I had used throughout for my digipack front over and magazine advertisement - Accent. I positioned these at an angle so they fit between the lines on the garage.

After looking at TLC's digipack I noticed that mine looked very plain.   


I began looking at more digipack's that I had researched including Katy Perry's and Britney Spears, and noticed that all these had small print about the producers of distributors of the digipack and a barcode. So I created a barcode in Serif PagePlus using a white square, lots of black lines of different thicknesses and a random selection of 10 numbers, as I noticed there were 10 on TLC's barcode. I put this barcode to the right of my performer. I too included similar small print to TLC's. I included two pretend names and Crystal Watts as executive producers, a website called www.crystalwattsmusic.co.uk, stated that it was made in the UK, all trademark and logos were protected, and was distributed by MUS. I also made a logo to represent a music company, and altered the transparency so this was very faint. Overall, this made my contents look more professional and like existing products.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment