Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Music Video Changes

My final product is very different to my first idea and plans

1) Location

I stuck with my first idea of using train stations as one of my Locations to film my music video. However, the idea of filming on the platform didn't work as well as it was in an open space and it was difficult to not capture train signs. However, before reaching the platform I noticed a small, dark and dingy alley way in South Ruislip Station, which was perfect. Here I filmed a lot of my music video.

Another original idea was using London. I didn't use this location as much as I planned, but did film my performer dancing in the middle of the busy street and in a small London Corner. I decided not to use London as much, as in the end I preferred the rougher areas such as South Ruislip Station's alley way and against fences and brick walls. This idea still fitted in with the idea of a homeless person as they beg in these types of areas.

2) Stairs

A big idea I wanted to include was my performer dancing on the stairs in Piccadilly Circus and on New Look in Oxford Street. This was to be a homage to the Spice Girls routine in their Wannabe video. I did film this on New Look stairs, however because I was wary about being caught as I was filming on private property, I wanted to film this footage as quick as possible. This means that video didn't end up as good as I had hoped. Instead I used the stairs in the train station, which still fitted in well with the idea of a rough location. It wasn't the full Spice Girls routine like I had hoped, but I did take ideas and dance moves from it.



3) Fish Eye Lens

I wanted to use a fish eye lens, as I thought this was very 90's. However, I trialled this lens on a train station platform which was a very open location, however I decided I did not want to use this effect throughout as I wasn't impressed with the look it created. Instead I preferred just a normal lens. Although, I did include one piece of footage using the fish eye when my performer was miming in a small and confined area, and that is why I think it worked better.



4) Ending

To add more depth to my video , I added a short piece of footage of my performer begging on the streets. Throughout the video, the audience believes my performer is singing about a homeless person she knows as she refers to the homeless woman as 'her' and 'she'. However, we realise that she has been singing about herself. This is a RESTRICTED NARRATIVE as the audience doesn't find out all the information at first, and the narrative of the video is very mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment