Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Existing Digipacks



This is a digipack for Britney Spears' album 'Femme Fatale'. One thing that I do like about this digipack is the simplicity of the side covers that have the initials of her and the album title. I think this looks very professional and elegant. The font used looks very posh, and reminds me of a perfume bottle.

The middle photo fits in well with the colour scheme, so doesn't look out of place. All the photos used are very simple - the album cover is just a close up of her face with hardly any expression, and the back is a mid shot of her side. Again, these fit in with the elegant and simple theme. If the photos had been action shots, it wouldn't of suited the theme of 'less is more'.

Overall the one thing that I like about the digipack is the black, gold and white colour scheme. I think these colours work really well together and gives off the impression that this is an elegant and grown up digipack.

One part of this digipack that I have been inspired by is the back cover. I like the idea of having a picture of the artist at the side, and then the track list filling up the rest of the room.


An entirely different digipack is by Katy Perry for her album 'Teenage Dream'. This is a fun and colourful digipack compared to Britney's more grown up image.

The overall look of the digipack is like a fantasy. This fits in well the album title 'Teenage Dream' as by the use of the clouds and her posing nude in the clouds like she is a cherub or goddess suits the idea of the dream. However by using the pop colours of bright blue and pink and the images of sweets and cakes is more suited the to the 'teenage' part of the album title.

One thing that I do like about this digipack is how the cloud image starts of the front cover and continues onto the back. This idea of continuity makes the digipack look complete and doesn't have the risk of two images next to eachother that look too different and like they're part of two different albums.

The design of the CD to look like cakes and sweets is also appealling as they are very different and not like a normal CD, which makes them standout.The CD on  the left looks like a doughnut, which is clever as there is a hole in the middle of the CD and the one on the right looks like a lollipop, which will look effective when it is spinning around in the CD player. I think the design of the CD is very important as this is one thing that the audience will definitely see.

1 comment:

  1. Clear research. Can you explore ideas of representation of female artists in more depth and consider how your design will confirm or challenge stereotypes?

    ReplyDelete