Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Music Video - Stage One

To create my music video I am using the program Adobe Premier Elements, which is a recommended program to use. I have never used this before, however I have used Movie Maker a lot in the past, and it isn't that much different, so it didn't take me long to know how to use it.

A feature that I have discovered in Premier Elements is adding effects to my video. One of these being a Vintage effect, which re-colours your clip to a old sepia tint and this is perfect for the feel of my video. I originally wanted black and white, but this effect is more suitable.

After inserting my music into Elements, and started to sync my videos along with my music, I soon discovered a problem. During the recording of my performer miming, it works well, however when merged with the song in Elements, which is much louder and much clearer, than when it was played off my phone, it doesn't look realistic. As I am not happy with my recordings of my performer singing, this means I will have to film them again. However, this time I know more what I want, and know that she needs to exaggerate and pronunciate her words so that it is very over the top. Also, looking back on my videos, I've discovered that some ideas, such as recording using a fish eye lens, doesn't work as well as I hoped, so next time I will just use a normal lens. I know think that it is more important for my footage to look professional and real, rather than fancy effects and poor footage.

1 comment:

  1. Can you include screen grabs, raw footage or edited video clips to illustrate your reflection?

    ReplyDelete