Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Music Video - Stage Two

After the snowy weather conditions made it difficult to film this weekend, I didn't have any new footage to use as I hoped I would have. However, I was still able to produce some worthwhile work.

I re-watched the footage that I orginally wanted to film again, and decided that there was at least two clips that I could use. I inserted these and had to sync them with the song, so when my performer mimes to the lyrics, it is in time with the song. All the other clips I inserted, I positioned them along the timeline for when I want them to play. This now means that I have a few gaps that I will need to fill with the new material I film.

At first I found it very difficult to move the clips along the timeline, as at some points I found they wouldn't move to exactly where I needed them to be. Instead of moving a clip a small section so it fitted in with the music better, it was a case of moving it quite a bit or nothing. However, I discovered that you could view the production line in 'Expert View', whereas I had been using 'Quick View'. There are a lot more technical aspects in expert view that I will not use and do not need, however now I can move a clip to exactly where I need it to be, even if it is just one second along the timeline.

Quick View

Expert View

I am hoping to record my new footage this Friday. Instead of travelling up London, I am planning on going to just South Ruislip Station and recording against the wall or on the stairs. This look turned out well in my pictures, so I am hoping I will be just as happy with my shots. This approach works better for me, as I film footage, I can then use it and see what problems I have, so for next time I know what I need to do. Although this approach produces lots of hassle, as my it means having to keep hiring out the camera, my performer having to keep getting dressed up, and then organisng days to film, each time we do film I have a much clearer idea in my head of what I need, as I've been able to watch it on the computer along with the music. When I had my first day of filming I had no idea what the overall look would be of the shots I had taken.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful reflection. Can you illustrate with screen grabs, video clips or still photographs taken on the shoot? Each blog post must have a visual element and use a variety of media.

    ReplyDelete