Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Magazine Advertisement - Stage One

While I was waiting to re-shoot my footage, I worked on my advertisement using the pictures I took on my day of filming. Luckily, I am much happier with these than my shots. 





For my background picture, I chose a whole body shot of my performer leaning up against the wall with a sultry expression and attitude. I wanted my photo to have the same vintage colour as my video, so I opened up the picture using Adobe InDesign and then photofixed the picture with the 'Old Movie' effect, which has a sepia tone. I then adjusted the contrast to darker, and changed the Saturation so my picture isn't as 'yellow'.

I wanted to use the most recognisable lyrics 'La Da De La Da Da' as hopefully if people don't know the song from the title, they will recognise it from these lyrics. I chose the other font to one that looks handwritten, as I wanted that rough, edgy and scruffy look. I think white is one of the best colours to have my font as it stands out against the background.


I wanted to include the text 'A timeless classic' and then give four stars, as if a paper has reviewed the single and given it four stars. However, InDesign doesn't have a star shape so I would of had to draw these freehand using a graphics tablet, or make them using lines.

3 comments:

  1. Please upload early versions or screen grabs to illustrate the progression of your idea and 'before' and 'after' visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must also have evidence of your research on other magazine advertisements. Show the evolution of your ideas through visual references and refer to ideas of representation (eg. gender) - how is your work challenging or confirming stereotypes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does the magazine advertisement link with your digipak and video in terms of styling, lighting, colour palette, font, layout etc? Why the black and white at this stage?

    ReplyDelete