Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Magazine Advertisement - Stage Two

After using InDesign for a while, I decided that I much preferred to use the program Serif PagePlus, as I can edit pictures using Serif PhotoPlus without leaving the program. However, when using InDesign, I would have to open the picture in Photoshop and then insert it back into InDesign. I am comfortable using Serif as I have used it before in previous coursework. There is a wide range of filters to choose from, warp effects, and options where you can subtly tweak your picture.

I inserted the same picture of my performer against the wall, and edited the colour to a sepia tone. I still wanted to use the most recognisable lyrics 'La Da De La Da Da' however changed the transparency of these so they are very faint in the background.



 
I changed the picture to more of a brown sepia, by opening the picture is PagePlus and then PhotoFix and choose the sepia option. I wanted the sepia tone, as I thought this was very vintage and retro, rather than black and white, which could look old fashioned. I was then able to tweak the brightness and saturation to make it more defined. After this I opened it in the filter gallery, and choose the Lens Vignette and increased the intensity, which gives the picture its darker edges.
 
For the font, I chose Accent SF, which is big and bubbly. I then warped these words, using the warp tool so it fits around the shape of her body. Also I recived inspiration from the orginal Crytsal Waters Album cover, which is very wavy and bubbly. I used the colour picker tool to colour my font the same as the flooring, and the 'Gyspy Woman' text to the same colour as the wall.
 
After loking at many existing magazine advertisements, I noticed they all feature a release date, with 'Out.....' so I included this convention too, so it looks professional.

A big solution that I discovered when using PagePlus is that they had a star shape, so instead of making stars, I could now just insert them, which is much neater. I decided that I would say that the Daily Mail Newspaper reviewed this single, as it's a well known and respectable newspaper. I wanted the phrase ' A timeless Classic' as it's an old song but brought into present times.

2 comments:

  1. This looks really profressional. I like the way you have morphed the writing around your models body, it shows your InDesign skills have really improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you reflect on why you have chosen the sepia tones?

    ReplyDelete